Click Here to Read Sexual Harassment FAQ’s
Los Angeles Sexual Harassment Attorney
In the state of California, hundreds of sexual harassment cases are reported every year. According to California law, sexual harassment is defined as unwelcome advances of a sexual nature. Most instances of sexual harassment occur within the work place, but may happen in another type of setting, such as an academic environment.
When sexual harassment occurs within the workplace, it is regulated under Employment Law. Employment Law defines sexual harassment as any unwelcome sexual advance or sexual conduct within the work environment, such that the work environment becomes hostile or intimidating. Additionally, sexual harassment is regarded as a form of illegal discrimination.
Sexual Harassment Facts
There are many common misconceptions about sexual harassment and the work place. The following is a helpful list of facts about sexual harassment:
- sexual harassment victims may be male or female
- the harasser may be male or female
- the harasser may be of the same sex or the opposite sex of the person being harassed
- the harasser may be the victim’s boss, co-worker, or non-employee
- sexual harassment victims may or may not be threatened with the loss of their jobs
- sexual harassment is not just considered direct, unwelcome sexual advances, it may also be indirect such as: explicit emails, inappropriate conduct, or sexual language in the work place
Los Angeles Personal Injury & Sexual Harassment Firm
If you have suffered from sexual harassment in the workplace, it is always to your benefit to speak with a reputable sexual harassment lawyer. In some cases, you may be entitled to monetary compensation from the harasser and/or your employer to cover things such as your: lost wages, lost quality of life, and pain and suffering.
The Shaun Setareh Law Group, P.C. has represented numerous clients throughout Los Angeles who have suffered from on the job sexual harassment. If you have been a victim of sexual harassment, call the Shaun Setareh Law Group today at (877) 222-7800. At the Shaun Setareh Law Group, you will receive dependable legal resources, advocacy, and representation from a knowledgeable Los Angeles sexual harassment attorney.
For your convenience, we are available 24 hours a day.
Contact us to discuss your Los Angeles sexual harassment case!